Thursday, September 2, 2010

Conquering Fears and Overcoming Myself

Recently, I gleaned some knowledge from a session I attended on overcoming the roadblocks I place in front of myself and how to reject "Fear" and not let it lead my day-to-day activities or thoughts.

I wanted to share some of the information and homework I have been given.  You are welcome to glean these thoughts, activities and ideas for use in your own life.  Part of this process is writing down the things that would constitute your deepest fears in the areas of Health, Love, Family, Success.  Putting these to paper helps in the realization of their existence and gives you the beginning tools to finding solutions.

Homework #1

Say to yourself the following statements beginning in the morning and then throughout the day:

* I reject the fear of failure
* I reject the fear of being out of control
* I reject the fear of not being happy

Homework #2

When you feel stressed, anxious or overwhelmed, have a list of 2-3 activities you can go do to take your mind off the current situation.  The keys to this activity are picking something you enjoy doing and that doesn't allow your mind to "check-out" completely.  You want to be able to do something you like while still being able to think about the stressful situation and solutions to the stress.  Examples could be:

1. Take a 10-15 minute holiday (have a glass of water and go for a walk, go work in your garden, etc)
2. Plan a project you would like to complete (an outdoor garden, a flower garden, an herb garden, landscaping, home organizing, etc)
3. Do some Yoga, Stretching Exercises, soak in the bathtub

Remember the following:

Fear is a state of mind.

True happiness should not be measured by anything that can change.
(i.e. wealth, image, career, opinions/comments from other people)

Good luck in your endeavors!


1 comment:

  1. Great information! Thank you for sharing what you have learned and practiced - excellent ideas. I have also found that "mindfulness" helps me be less stressed . . . focusing and enjoying what is going on in my life right now at this very moment, instead of worrying about other things that I need to accomplish. For example, during my morning walk, instead of thinking about all the things I need to accomplish that day, I just enjoy the beauty around me, the smells in the air, the warmth of the sunshine on my face. I find I really have to work at this, because I have gotten into such a bad habit of thinking about other things, instead of enjoying the moment.
    This is a great website - thanks for sharing with me!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete